Thursday, July 02, 2009

My Shootsac

Alright, the shootsac arrived and I had a good look at it. I would say the shootsac is quite well-made, the neoprene material appears durable and the stitching seems strong.

I've been using it for a week and I must say, it's one of the most comfortable bag I've ever used. It's not designed to be a camera bag but I find that I can fit the E-620 body into one of the slot, the 12-60mm into another slot, and finally the FL-36R. I can also carry the expodisc and some other smaller accessories in the back poackets. So far so good and I'm liking it a lot!

I took the sac and the E-3 for a spin this afternoon, and it has been a pleasure to use. The E-3 had the 12-60mm and the R-strap was carrying the combo. In the shootsac, I had the 50-200mm, 50mm and the FL-50R plus some other accessories. The entire set of gears were easy to carry, compared to, in the past, where I dump everything into the Crumpler 6/7 million dollar home and end up with a shoulder-ache at the end of the day. Changing lens was easy with the shootsac, as it was designed to do so... and this is the only bag that I'm comfortable keeping the rear lens cap off. The neoprene material will not scratch the rear lens element. With the rear lens cap off, changing lens was a breeze. The only issue is the lack of a shoulder pad, I'm going to get a nice shoulder pad to go along with the shootsac.

For travelling and hiking etc, I'll still use the Lowepro Primus, but for about town and day-to-day commuting, the shootsac is perfect! I have to say, the shootsac is one expensive bag, but in my opinion, it's worth the money for what I'm using it for, and on top of that, it's damn cool looking!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home